Making EMDR and Energy Therapies more accessible in Oxford
We currently have a long queue of clients waiting for assessment, so we will not be able to process any new referrals until January 2018.
Low Cost Trauma Focused Therapy with Highly Experienced Psychotherapists
What do we do?
- We provide trauma focused therapy to people living in Oxfordshire who are unable to afford private therapy or access appropriate NHS or insurance funded therapy.
- We include within our understanding of trauma a wide range of disturbing experiences including trauma arising in armed conflict, road traffic accidents, sexual assaults, childhood abuse (including sexual abuse), bullying and neglect
- We hope to raise the profile of the trauma treatments EMDR and Energy Therapies in Oxford.
Whom can we help?
We hope to help people living in Oxfordshire who:
- are looking for therapy because their lives are seriously affected now by difficult experiences in the past
- are stable enough to be able to benefit from therapeutic intervention and to keep appointments with reasonable regularity
- have other support available, if needed, for such issues as benefits, housing, court cases or immigration
- are sufficiently in control of alcohol or drug use so that there is no significant risk of attendance under their influence
- are unable to pay the usual feels for private therapy or access appropriate trauma therapy through NHS or insurance*.
*If this last point does not apply to you, but you are interested in these therapies see The Therapists page
When and where do we meet?
MEET Therapy sessions take place by appointment at 43 St Giles, Oxford OX1 3LW on Mondays only.
How do I make an appointment?
Go to referral and assessment for information on how to access this service for your clients or for yourself.
How can I support MEET in Oxford ?
Although our running costs are low we do need to fundraise to supplement client contributions and we welcome donations, however small, from friends and colleagues. DONATE HERE Unfortunately we don't get told who has donated, so please email us so we can acknowledge your gift. Thank you.
We are also looking for fully qualified therapists in Oxfordshire who would be interested in becoming MEET associate therapists. In addition to your core therapy qualification and accreditation, you need to have completed a full EMDR training and/or to have completed a five day Foundation Course in Energy Psychotherapy. Contact us for details of the Energy Psychotherapy Foundation course which will be held again in Oxford on May 11th -13th and June 15th & 16th 2018. See pdf below for details of the course.