Making EMDR and Energy Therapies more accessible in Oxford
If you would like to support our work you can DONATE HERE All contributions gratefully received. Registered Charity 1182200
We are sorry to say that, due to demand for this service, we have closed the MEET in Oxford waiting list for the time being and are therefore unable to accept new referrals. When we reopen for referrals, we will post a notice here.
7 December 2020
Low Cost Trauma Focused Therapy with Highly Experienced Psychotherapists
What do we do?
- We provide trauma focused therapy to people living in Oxfordshire who are unable to afford private therapy or access appropriate NHS or insurance funded therapy.
- We include within our understanding of trauma a wide range of disturbing experiences including trauma arising in armed conflict, road traffic accidents, sexual assaults, childhood abuse (including sexual abuse), bullying and neglect
- We hope to raise the profile of the trauma treatments EMDR and Energy Therapies in Oxford.
Whom can we help?
We hope to help people living in Oxfordshire who:
- are looking for therapy because their lives are seriously affected now by difficult experiences in the past
- are stable enough to be able to benefit from therapeutic intervention and to keep appointments with reasonable regularity
- have other support available, if needed, for such issues as benefits, housing, court cases or immigration
- are sufficiently in control of alcohol or drug use so that there is no significant risk of attendance under their influence
- are not actively suicidal
- are unable to pay the usual feels for private therapy or access appropriate trauma therapy through NHS or insurance*.
*If this last point does not apply to you, but you are interested in these therapies see The Therapists page
When and where do we meet?
MEET Therapy sessions in person take place by appointment at 43 St Giles, Oxford OX1 3LW on Mondays only. MEET also offers therapy over video links at other times.
How do I make an appointment?
Go to referral and assessment for information on how to access this service for your clients or for yourself.
How can I support MEET in Oxford ?
Although our running costs are low we do need to fundraise to supplement client contributions and we welcome donations, however small, from friends and colleagues. DONATE HERE Unfortunately we don't get told who has donated, so please email us so we can acknowledge your gift. Thank you.
We are also looking for fully qualified therapists who would be interested in becoming MEET associate therapists. In addition to your core therapy qualification and accreditation, you need to have completed a full EMDR training and/or to have completed the five day Foundation Course in Energy Psychotherapy or the Confer course in Practising Energy Psychotherapy.