Making EMDR and Energy Therapies more accessible in Oxford
If you would like to support our work you can DONATE HERE All contributions gratefully received. Registered Charity 1182200
We are sorry to say that, due to demand for this service, we have closed the MEET in Oxford waiting list for the time being and are therefore unable to accept new referrals. When we reopen for referrals, we will post a notice here.
7 December 2020
Low Cost Trauma Focused Therapy with Experienced Psychotherapists
What do we do?
- We provide trauma focused therapy to people living in Oxfordshire who are unable to afford private therapy or access appropriate NHS or insurance funded therapy.
- We include within our understanding of trauma a wide range of disturbing experiences including trauma arising in armed conflict, road traffic accidents, sexual assaults, childhood abuse (including sexual abuse), bullying and neglect.
- We hope to raise the profile of the trauma treatments EMDR and Energy Therapies in Oxford.
Whom can we help?
We hope to help people living in Oxfordshire who:
- are looking for therapy because their lives are seriously affected now by difficult experiences in the past
- are stable enough to be able to benefit from therapeutic intervention and to keep appointments with reasonable regularity
- have other support available, if needed, for such issues as benefits, housing, court cases or immigration
- are sufficiently in control of alcohol or drug use so that there is no significant risk of attendance under their influence
- are not actively suicidal
- are unable to pay the usual fees for private therapy or access appropriate trauma therapy through NHS or insurance*.
*If this last point does not apply to you, but you are interested in these therapies see The Therapists page
When and where do we meet?
Most MEET therapy sessions take place by video call. We are also able to offer a few in-person appointments at 43 St Giles, Oxford OX1 3LW on Mondays only. These sessions are currently suspended due to the Covid epidemic.
How do I make an appointment?
Go to referral and assessment for information on how to access this service for your clients or for yourself.
How can I support MEET in Oxford ?
We welcome donations, however small. DONATE HERE Thank you.
We are always interested in talking to fully qualified therapists who would be interested in becoming MEET associate therapists. In addition to your core therapy qualification and accreditation, you need to have completed a full EMDR training and/or to have completed the five day Foundation Course in Energy Psychotherapy or the Confer course in Practising Energy Psychotherapy.